Posted May 20, 2020
Northwest Christian Child Care Director – Job Description
Reports to: Lead Pastor, Childcare Board, Church Board Status: Full Time (40 Hours a week) with benefits
Northwest Christian Child Care (NWCCC) is a ministry by the Northwest Church of the Nazanene for over 35 years. Located in Columbus Ohio, it has an enrollment of 150 children from Infants to Preschool, along with aftercare and Summer day camp programs. NWCCC seeks to be mission minded in its caregiving of children and families in a holy and wholesome way.
The childcare director must possess a passion and heart for families and young children. The director must uphold our mission to equip the young children in our care, with a holistic education that supports the proper needs of todays child. The director pledges to make a positive difference in the lives of both children and their families through Early Childhood Education. The director must have a growing relationship with Jesus Christ, a passion for ministry and lead the effort to keep NWCCC a ministry to the community and families, which includes:
- – Cultivate positive relationships with Northwest Church of the Nazarene members of the congregation, children’s ministries, church staff, families, teachers, state licensing authorities, and community.
- – Supporting staff with professional or personal concerns.
- – Supporting staff and families financially through difficult times and personal issues.
- – Working closely with the pastoral staff to provide spiritual guidance and support for parents and staff.
- – Keeping NWCCC mission as an integral part of the children’s learning experience.
- – Leading all family ministry events.Management Responsibilities:
- – Responsible for the development, implementation and efficient operation and evaluation of NWCCC.
- – Is responsible for hiring, supervising, and overseeing the discipline processes and termination processes.
- – Exhibits positive, timely courteous communication with staff.
- – Assists with on-boarding of new staff in conjunction with the Curriculum Director.
- – Responsible for staff continued education and training.
- – Manages the center according to ODJFS regulation and makes sure that the center is compliant
- – Supervises all staff Employed by NWCCCProgram Planning and Implementation:
- – Provides quality childcare from 6:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- – Oversees staffing and implementation of the Aftercare program as well as Summer Day Camp program.
- – Is responsible for operations concerning enrollment, tours and class sizes.
- – Works in conjunction with the assistant directors for all decisions regarding the enrollment process.
- – Plans, organizes, conducts or delegates responsibility for all special events.
- – Works in conjunction with the Curriculum Director to select, plan and implement appropriate curriculum.
- – Is responsible for Health and Safety policies and procedures in the facility
- – Manages Incident Reports (Review all serious or habitual reports)
- – Administration of medication policies
- – Assures Building Security, including Fire, Tornado and Intruder procedures.
- – Is responsible for planning staff meetings for all staff as well as office staff meetings.
- – Prepares a yearly budget in conjunction with the accountant as well as monitors monthly expenses and enrollment.
- – Meets with the Northwest church finance committee.
- – Responsible for purchasing of supplies and equipment.
- – Authorizes expenditures within budgetary guidelines.
- – Prepares agenda for school board meetings.
- – Secures bids and proposals for upgrades to the facility of the program.
- – Keeps all handbooks current. This includes childcare staff handbook, parent handbook, camp handbookand aftercare handbook.
- – Manage the salary and hourly wages of all staff members to meet budgetary compensation. ChildcareBoard approval is necessary.
- – Provide clear, concise, monthly financial reports to the Childcare Board, Finance Committee and ChurchBoard every thirty days.
Any decisions or issues that go beyond the day to day operation of the center, that may draw unwanted attention to the church, or that involve the safety of any child, will be coordinated with the Childcare Board and the pastor.
- – Bachelor of Education or related field required.
- – Willingness to abide by the ideals and standards set forth in the Manual of the Church of the Nazarene.
- – A strong knowledge of the Christian faith and lifestyle.
- – Minimum of three years experience in early childhood education. Must possess extensive knowledgeconcerning play-based curriculum.
- – Minimum three years management experience in the Early Childhood field. Minimum three years directservice to children in a programming setting.
- – Must possess a strong knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices for ages birth – sixth grade.
- – Proven ability to work effectively with staff and parents. Must be a multi-tasker.
- – Must have a good understanding of ODJFS standards and requirements
- – Must retain all certifications required by state law.Northwest Church of the Nazarene is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, military or veteran status.
To apply, please send Cover Letter and Resumé to Pastor Sam Simoes, firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to 5707 Olentangy River Rd. Columbus, OH 43235
We are always proactively looking to add talented, energetic, positive, honest and fun people to our team! Young or old, if you have what it takes, we will know!
If you’re interested in employment at Northwest Christian Childcare Center,click here to download, print, and drop off the completed application to our facility. You can also email our Assistant Director, Tammy Smith at email@example.com.