At Northwest Christian Childcare, our infant program consists of four nursery rooms are separated every six months by developmental stages. Each room employs the Creative Curriculum for Infants, Toddlers and Twos; and all of our teachers desire to play an active role in each child’s growing and learning experience. Experienced, compassionate, professional care is of the highest importance to us—many of our nursery staff members have been with us since our center’s inception in 1981!
The Creative Curriculum for Infants, Toddlers and Twos is based on 38 objectives for development and learning, all of which are fully aligned with the School Readiness Goals for Infants and Toddlers in Head Start and learning standards for each state. The curriculum provides a blueprint which helps teachers and caregivers to individualize routines and experiences for young children and build partnerships with families.
Listed below is a little more information on each of our rooms and their staff and, of course, tours can be scheduled at any time!
- The Cherub Room is our youngest room in the nursery, for infants ages six weeks through six months. Just a few of our staff include:
- Lydia Mazzola – Eight years of on-staff experience, with a total of 30 years’ experience caring for children.
- Alice Couch
- Marge Brady – Over 28 years’ experience working with infants.
- The Guppy Room provides care to little ones ages six through 12 months. Just a few of our staff include:
- Bryanne Grady
- Shirley Hart
- Yoha Ratnarajah – Ten years of on-staff experience in our nursery.
- The Lamb Room provides care to little ones 12 through 18 months. Our lead staff include:
- Erin Farmwald
- Elaine Bing – Nearly 20 years’ experience here at Northwest.
- The Duck Room hosts children 12 through 18 months. Just a few of our staff include
- Debra Yake
- Claire Butcher
- Jennifer Torres
To find out more about our experienced staff members, click here.
To learn more about how we utilize The Creative Curriculum here at NWCCC, be sure to check out Our Programs!